16 January 2008

jar of perfume

from my morning reading today in Mark 14
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mark%2014:1-11;&version=31;

how easy it is (lest I judge Judas too much) to turn to our own devices when God (Father, Son or Holy Spirit) does not meet our expectations of who He should be and how He should act. in the days when Jesus walked the earth, many turned away from belief because they expecteda warrior king. these turned from outright belief. but Judas was one of His very own who turned away from belief because of a jar of perfume. I myself turn away at times (not from belief) but to my own work if I get impatient for His work to be done in some way or a specific time in my own life. and His Church at times turns away over issues that are 'jars of perfume' (hymns/praise choruses, dancing or not, and so on).

No comments: