12 September 2008

maybe, part 1

a few months ago, someone (and i cannot remember who it was or what the context was for the conversation) asked if i had ever thought about "growing" in Heaven...continued growing in my walk with the Father? and the answer is no. if i had thought about Heaven, i assumed all my questions would be answered, i would be complete in Him and would just spend eternity doing, well, i'm not really sure what.


a few weeks after arriving in africa, i picked up this book by randy alcorn "deadline". and here was this idea of growing in Heaven again. and i must admit that in reading this book and even in thinking a bit here and there about the conversation that i feel as if my previous thinking was a bit juvenile.


i will share some excerpts from his book in the next post but was just wondering if you (whoever you are that read this blog) have any thoughts on the subject...will we grow in Heaven?

2 comments:

Renee' said...

Hi Natalie! I have been following your blog for a couple months now. My husband and I hope to join Mercy Ships as full time missionaries when he retires from the military. Anyway, I LOVE that book, DEADLINE. It really opened my eyes to think about heaven in ways that I had never even considered before. I don't know about growing in heaven, but I do believe that it will be so much more than we ever dreamed or imagined!

The Cathey's said...

In my little meager mind, I don't see why we would stop "growing" in Christ in heaven, I think it makes sense, yes heaven is perfect, but we will never be God, so there will always be room for growth. But, that is my imperfect mind thinking and "assuming" what heaven will be, which it's clear it's beyond anything we could imagine!