26 October 2008

walking into tomorrow

The other night I was sitting in the floor in the doorway of my former cabin and apologized to Joy as she climbed over me. I told her I was just waiting on my friend to come back from tomorrow. What?!?! No I mean I’m waiting for her to come back from yesterday ?!?!? Seriously! I corrected one more time to I am waiting for her to come back from next door. But it got me to thinking, my friends and family at home are going on with their tomorrows and though I too am walking into tomorrow, it is not with those at home. And I felt the loss of that walking together acutely. I know I am where I am supposed to be doing what I am supposed to be doing and that people at home also are where they are supposed to be. I don’t regret that. I just hate that it means that I have to be a half a world away. And missing on the day to day things that are really treasures, not just the big days like birthdays and such. Those times when you sit down to coffee or grab lunch together just to be with those you love. That is what I am missing.

1 comment:

The Cathey's said...

Aww friend, we're missing you too! And we think and pray for you so often. We look forward to the time when we can grab a cup of coffee (or in your case tea!) again!

Love and Miss you!

Heather