15 February 2009

hands

Some thoughts about God’s character revealed by descriptions of His hands.


I started a study of God’s hands to see what it revealed about His character after our Scripture memory group memorized a verse about His hands. And after reading all 1409 verses in the Bible that speak of hand (not necessarily God’s) this is what His hands say about Him…

In His hands: life, deliverance, greatness, power, abundance, good, fulfillment, eternal pleasures, salvation, discipline, awesome deeds, all things come, we are held within, healing, the world, longevity, and satisfaction.

His hands are: mighty, strong, favorable, good, majestic, omnipotent, filled with righteousness, and exalted. His hands: cover me, uphold, fight for, shadow us, help, created, sustain, and guide.

And although I read, I did not mark all the verses that spoke of His discipline…it too is His character…He disciplines those He loves but how dreadful His hand upon or against those opposed to Him.

blog about benin mid-week. sorry i haven't done it yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been using a hand as an illustration for how God is both loving and just, just as a hand has different facets, and so I find the characteristics of God's hands you've mentioned so insightful to use as further illustrations. I enjoy your blog very much. Marla, The Ridge Church.