03 June 2008

its the little things

i was reading a cd cover while it uploaded into my itunes and the artist's thanks were a bit unusual..."i'm thankful for cheese in it's many wonderful forms, for the fact that when you change the laundry your fingers are perfectly damp enough from the wet clothes to easily remove the lint..." it made me think of all the little things that make me smile and that some days i forget to thank my Father for.

sights...sunsets or sunrises, a bouquet (or even better) a field of daisies, a tree lined path sprinkled with shadows, the colours blue/red/yellow and on some days orange, a sweet kiss

smells...a single rose, freshly bathed babies, rain, movie theather popcorn, a peeled orange

tastes...chocolate, cold stone cream ice cream, coca-cola, oranges,

sounds...music pretty much of any kind, childrens' laughter, hiccups--they are just funny if you really think about it, rain, a cat's purr

touch...rain, kisses and hugs, the velvet smoothness of flower petals, a cool breeze that touches your face on a hot day, the warmth of the sun

and things not so little...my family, my friends, my Father in heaven who loved me so much He gave His Son as a way to life (and He continues to chase me when i wander and pick me up when i fall and love me enough to make me new) and His Word for direction

i'm sure there are more that i would come up with but for today, this is my list...
how about you? what are the little things that make you smile?

No comments: