16 June 2008

"less"

well, as of sunday june 15th, i am job-less and home-less! and soon to be car-less. each a scary but welcome step in my journey towards africa. i bought a plane ticket a few weeks ago and now have an official departure date for africa!!!! thursday august 7th. which means i have only 7 weeks left in this country!!!!! crazy!

so what am i up to until then??? this week and next, i am hanging with my family and saying goodbyes. then beginning saturday june 28th, i will be in east texas at the mercy ships training center for four intense weeks of training. i'll share more about what the training is in the coming days.

so many have asked me if i'm excited and there are days that i am...the day i bought the ticket, the last day of work...and more will come as i get closer. some have asked if i'm scared...briefly each time i check off one of those big to-do items (buying a ticket, quitting my job, this week will be leaving lubbock, next leaving dallas) but in general not scared. i am having some trusting the Father issues as the departure looms closure and my support is trickling in. so for any who are interested in supporting me--now is the time! click here to go to the website to donate (and remember to choose other and then put "mercyships-nb"in the other spot) . there are times as i get closer that i get choked up and the saying good bye and times when my to-do list looms larger than life. and there are times when i question not His call on my life but that He would want to use me...paul once said he was the chief of sinners but that was b/c he hadn't met me ;-) and when i fear and don't trust or get wrapped up in the getting ready to go process and forget to get wrapped up in Him, i wonder that He chose me for this time and work. but there are times when i get a glimpse of Him or His handiwork in all of this that there is such joy. and for the most part, i am happy and pressing on.

well, more later on.

No comments: