27 June 2009

to boldly go...

today i made it to lubbock to visit my brother, sister in law, mom, nephew and nieces. on the plane, i saw something that is definitely welcome to texas. a man used the overhead storage space to place his cowboy hat--it was his only carryon :D hehe.

connor, alyssa and greg greeted me at the airport and we headed back to the house where holly, mom, kylee and ashlynn waited. oh so good to get hugs from the family. i have missed them. the twins didn't take too long to warm up to this unknown person. they have heard my name and voice but they were really too young to remember me from a year ago.

holly and i went to see star trek and i will own this when it comes out. it was brilliant! and a great choice for my first movie being back in the u.s. i think greg and i will catch transformers 2 while i'm here as well.

no huge plans for the next few days so i won't do a daily post. just hanging out with the family as much as possible until i have to head back to the other side of the world.

1 comment:

The Cathey's said...

Friend, I had no idea you were planning on being so close to us! I WISH I could see you!! UGH, but I know you need time with your family. LOVE and HUGS my friend