15 July 2008

beautiful frustration

so i was seriously frustrated when i found out the april gateway class was cancelled. in fact i complained to God "i'm just trying to do what You asked, why is it so hard?" within 24 hours He had given me perspective and i accepted this new timing. in staying a few months more, i was able to attend my cousin denise's wedding and will get to be in my best friend emily's wedding before i leave for liberia. and if i had been in a different class, i wouldn't have met these dear new friends. as i have previously blogged, if home is where the heart is then my home is spread all over (canada, california, northern ireland, new mexico, tennessee, texas, prague, oklahoma, michigan and other areas that aren't coming to mind easily right now). and now my heart belongs to even more dear ones so now home extends to england and south africa and holland and germany and east africa and australia. what a beautiful frustration.

here are some of my new friends. more friends as the blogs go on.

you already met sam the nanny.

meet tayler who has a beautiful heart, a great smile and so much fun. she is my bunkmate!

in this photo is sarah (sam's sister) on the left, amy, me, carmen, miriam


and this is annette from germany...she can pull off a cowboy hat better than this texan! and she has such a sweet spirit.

and finally (for today anyways) this is john who is my new hero all because of a shower curtain. my estimation of him before yesterday was already 100% but now is easily 210%!

2 comments:

The Rollands said...

John achieved the rank of Eagle Scout, you know. He makes good use of his resources!

Val said...

I should tell you more often how you inspire me!

Your posts are always so thought provoking and I usually spend time in reflection after I read them and never think to comment. How will you ever know that I love you if I don't tell you more often? I do love you. How will you ever know that I check your posts all the time for updates and think of you often. I do and you do.

I will try to get better at feedback. I just started using my blog and I still feel wierd about writing on it but it feels good.

I'm letting you know because I put a link to your blog under my "places I must visit everyday" tag and I want to make sure that is OK with you. This means that you inspire me :)

www.valthoughts.blogspot.com I don't think it is really very interesting yet, but it is fun!