27 August 2008

more introductions from gateway...almost done


on the right is frankie and the pic on the left has her husband don on the far left. frankie will be serving as crew nurse on the ship and as you can see from the pic...her spirit is as lovely as her smile! don will work a bit with engineering and in medical equipment and storage area. they are both delightful and they were a balm to a bit of a sore spirit when they arrived on ship this week.


you've already met annette on the left but now meet judy on the right. she is always making faces at the camera but here is one without a funny expression. she is also a nurse and just moved in next door on the ship. she is so kind and concerned about everyone.


above are sarah and michael. they met on ship and then recently got married and headed back to the ship for long term. michael is quiet, and fierce at play and insightful if you can get him still enough to have a conversation. sarah is such a delight. she has a great sense of humor and a very loving spirit and am glad to be working with her in the ward at times.


and this is elizabeth. she is on ship in the academy teaching. she gave us lots of insight to prepare us for ship life as we went thru the gateway.

i think i have missed some so will look thru photos and list to see who is missing. for sure am missing those who work on the base but i don't seem to have any photos. maybe one more intro post.

our family on ship gets a little bigger each day as more gatewayers arrive. but still missing half our hearts. come soon friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nat! I love reading your posts! I have to tell you - you were my inspiration last weekend. I was in a wedding in Cincinnati. I had a free place to stay at the grooms house. Oh my goodness - his shower was so gross!! I wanted so badly to have shower shoes. But I thought, If Nat can take two minute showers turning the water on and off, on and off for her forseeable future, than I can make it in this shower for two days. I survived and the wedding was loads of fun. I miss you! Cristie

Anonymous said...

So I have never posted on a blog before. And everything I just wrote disappeared. But there is a friendly message at the top saying it must be approved by the blog owner. I guess that's you. Don't you feel powerful. Really - I hope you're having a wonderful day - or night - which ever one you happen to be working at the moment. Cristie

Val said...

I miss you Nat. Having you so far away seems harder. I just want to reach out to my friends I havent seen in a while and make sure you know I love you!

Anonymous said...

I hear the family grows as the Rollands arrive late today. Say hey to everyone and all of us here on the base are still nursing the pain of not being posted--we will eventually get over it--maybe--someday.---hahaha
Nari